Devlin is a graduate of the George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia, where he completed the Regulatory Law Specialty Track of study. After law school, Devlin clerked for the Honorable Lamar W. Sizemore, Jr. and the Honorable Tilman E. Self, III, of the Superior Courts of Georgia, Macon Judicial Circuit.
Our Macon attorney primarily concentrates his practice in the areas of eminent domain law, business litigation, probate litigation, and other corporate law. He has extensive jury trial experience, having tried more than fifteen cases to verdict before juries throughout the State of Georgia.
Devlin is a native of Milledgeville, Georgia, and graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Georgia College in 2002. During his final semester at Georgia College, Devlin interned for Attorney General Edwin Meese, III in the Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at The Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C.
Georgia Attorney General Samuel S. Olens appointed Devlin to serve as a Special Assistant Attorney General in 2013, and in that capacity, Devlin represents the Georgia Department of Transportation in real estate matters and eminent domain/condemnation law proceedings. Devlin was also elected Secretary/Treasurer of the Eminent Domain Section of the State Bar of Georgia for 2017.
Ultimately, a trial attorney is judged by the results that they achieve and how many cases they try. Devlin has the experience and reputation to allow him to resolve many cases without needing a trial. Devlin is both an efficient and aggressive litigator, which allows him to place his clients in a favorable position to resolve their matters via settlement or trial.
George Mason University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2005
- Honors: 2004 Scott C. Whitney Writing Prize Recipient
- Honors: Senator Leroy S. Bendheim Scholarship Recipient
Georgia College & State University
- B.S., Economics, Summa Cum Laude, 2002
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society for Business Students
- Honors: Omicron Delta Epsilon Honor Society for Economics
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society
- Honors: Outstanding Departmental Major, Economics, 2002
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Georgia Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the area of Eminent Domain, 2016
- Boy Scouts of America Silver Beaver Award
- Order of the Arrow Distinguished Service Award
- Eagle Scout
- Recognized by the Pro Bono Resource Center of the State Bar of Georgia as a Pro Bono All-Star for 2016
- Lue v. Eady, 297 Ga. 321, 297 S.E.2d 679 (2015).
- Toler v. Georgia Dep’t of Transp., 328 Ga. App. 144, 761 S.E.2d 550 (2014).
- Aflac, Inc. v. SDT Air, LLC, 978 F.Supp.2d 1304 (M.D. Ga. 2013).
- Spencer Franchise Svcs. of Ga., Inc. v. WOW Café and Wingery Franchising Account, LLC, 2013 WL 1296507 (M.D. Ga. 2013).
- Power Guardian, LLC v. Directional Energy Corp., 904 F.Supp.2d 1313 (M.D. Ga. 2012).
- Cartwright v. Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., 312 Ga. App. 890, 720 S.E.2d 200 (2011).